The first step of playing at real money online casinos and sports betting sites is making a deposit. Making a deposit at one is simple. A variety of options are available, including credit cards, debit cards, electronic checks, bank wires, electronic wallets, and cash. Most online gambling deposit options appear instantly in your account. Here are the details of the best sports betting site deposit options.
US Casino Advantage is supported through advertisements and sponsors. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Online banking/electronic check
Online banking and e-checks are one of the easiest and most common deposit forms throughout all online sportsbooks and casino sites. With online banking and electronic checks, you can simply deposit funds straight from your bank account into the sportsbook app. This allows you to get into action almost immediately. Online banking may be described as VIP Preferred by the betting site’s cashier.
- Step 1: Select the online banking/ e-check option on the sportsbook app.
- Step 2: Choose which bank you use.
- Step 3: Enter the account and routing number from your bank account.
Crypto is becoming one of the most popular online casino deposit options. A variety of options are available. The most common are Bitcoin, Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Tether. There are never fees associated with crypto casino deposits.
Debit and credit cards
Another popular and easy-to-use deposit option is credit and debit cards. These are also available for almost every online sportsbook and casino site. Just like online banking, with debit or credit cards, you are only a few steps away from getting into the action. The options usually include Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. Some sports betting and casino sites accept American Express for deposits.
If you use a credit card, your bank may charge a cash advance fee. Check your bank’s policy as it relates to online gambling deposits. Debit cards generally do not have any deposit fees.
- Step 1: Choose the debit/ credit card deposit option depending on which you want to use.
- Step 2: Enter the cardholder name, card number, expiration date, CVV, and zip code.
Apple Pay has become a popular form of payment. Anyone with an iPhone or any iOS device can easily set up an Apple Pay account with a credit, card, debit card, or bank account, making for easy payment just about anywhere. Select sportsbooks have the option to use Apple Pay. The option continues to expand in the industry.
- Step 1: Select the Apple Pay option on the sportsbook app.
- Step 2: Choose the deposit amount.
- Step 3: Click the add money button and connect your Apple Pay account through your iPhone.
Venmo is another popular way to transfer funds. As a simple app on your phone, you can easily connect with friends and websites to transfer money in seconds. Like Apple Pay, there are only a few select apps that offer Venmo as a deposit option.
- Step 1: Choose the Venmo option in the deposit options.
- Step 2: Choose the amount of money you wish to deposit.
- Step 3: Click the payment option and it should take you to your Venmo app to quickly deposit funds into your account.
PayPal is another easy-to-use app that allows a quick transfer of money between betting sites. PayPal works like a digital wallet allowing you to hold money inside as well as connect accounts or cards for easy online payments.
PayPal is widely available throughout the casino and sports betting app industry. It may be funded using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, bank transfer, and transfers from other users with the electronic wallet.
- Step 1: Choose PayPal in the deposit options of the betting site’s cashier.
- Step 2: Choose the amount to deposit into your account.
- Step 3: Select the deposit option, which should pull up PayPal login information.
- Step 4: Log into your PayPal account and select an account to pull money out of into the sportsbook app.
Cash at counter
At some of the larger sportsbooks, there is an option to set up a cash-at-counter payment, which requires you to go to the casino. If you select this option on the casino or sportsbook app, you see all available locations, addresses, and hours. There is also information on all forms you need to make a cash deposit.
Nevada and New Jersey require sports betting sites to accept cash. Other states permit it.
Another way to pay with cash is through the PayNearMe option. This allows you to deposit at places like convenience stores, drug stores, and more. PayNearMe locations include CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and 7-Eleven. This is a way to pay with cash even if you are not close to the in-person sportsbook.
- Step 1: Select the PayNearMe option in deposit methods.
- Step 2: Enter the zip code you want to find a location in into the app.
- Step 3: Find a nearby location to use and go there.
- Step 4: Go to the chosen location and show the payment code to a cashier.
- Step 5: Tell the cashier how much you want to deposit and allow them to scan the barcode given in your sportsbook app.
- Step 6: Pay the cashier and get into the action.
Wire transfers, often called bank wires, are used by sportsbooks and online casinos for large deposits. These deposits are usually bigger than the maximum amount allowed for online banking. If you want to deposit a smaller amount, you would use online banking instead of a wire transfer. There is usually a fee involved with sending a bank wire.
- Step 1: Go to your bank account and select the wire transfer option within your account.
- Step 2: Open up the wire transfer option in the sportsbook app.
- Step 3: Enter the wire transfer information found in the sportsbook app into your account.
- Step 4: Wire money to the sportsbook app.
The gift card option is offered by larger real money sportsbook sites. This allows you to deposit using a Visa gift card. You can avoid putting in any personal banking information but still deposit money. Major sportsbooks like DraftKings and FanDuel have branded gift cards. These may be purchased at major online retailers or at stores. This is another way to deposit cash at a sportsbook or casino site.
- Step 1: Choose the gift card option in the app.
- Step 2: Enter information off the gift card and choose how much to deposit.
- Step 3: Choose the deposit option and you are all set to go.
Play+ prepaid debit card
Most of the popular sportsbooks have a Play+ prepaid debit card option. It is operated by Discover. Sign up for a Play+ card with the sportsbook or casino site, which then doubles as a middleman for the transaction. Each sportsbook has its own terms with the card, so make sure you look closely at the terms and conditions when using it.
Play+ is one of the fastest and most popular withdrawal options. We recommend opening an account here.
- Step 1: Choose the prepaid Play+ option in the sportsbook app.
- Step 2: Read the terms and conditions attached to the Play+ card.
- Step 3: Connect the bank card or checking account to the Play+ card to put money on it.
Skrill is a digital wallet that is an option for several online sportsbooks. Skrill allows for payment to these sportsbook apps with some cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin. There are also credit cards, debit cards, and bank transfer options.
- Step 1: Choose the Skrill option in the sportsbook app.
- Step 2: Log into your Skrill account.
- Step 3: Choose which way you want to pay through the Skrill app.
- Step 4: Deposit funds into the sportsbook account.
There may be more deposit options available
The types of online casino deposit options vary by state. Each method is licensed by the state gaming regulators. Once you open a real money account at a casino or sports betting site, you can see all the ways to deposit in the cashier section.
Deposit limits at betting sites
Deposit limits vary by the method used. Credit and debit cards tend to have a lower maximum deposit amount than electronic wallets and bank transfers. The more successful transactions you have, the more likely you are to receive higher deposit limits. Most options permit a deposit amount that meets its maximum bonus or loss rebate offer.
Online casino and sportsbook deposit FAQ
Can I use a credit card to deposit at an online sportsbook?
Online sportsbooks accept credit and debit cards.
Is Apple Pay an online sportsbook deposit option?
Some major online sportsbooks accept Apple Pay.
Do online sportsbooks accept PayPal?
Most online sportsbooks accept PayPal.
Can I use PayPal at online sportsbooks?
PayPal is accepted by most online sportsbooks.
Last Updated on August 6, 2023 by Kristina Mehaffey